background/ashlyn

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Married to an Old Man


I hate to admit it, but it is true...I am married to an old man!  I'm not sure how it happened.  One day, it just hit me!  My husband is almost 50!  I realize, of course, that being married to an old man means that I am getting to be an old woman, but that doesn't change the fact that I am married to an old man!  Weird!

I must say that if I have to be married to an old man, I couldn't have picked a better one.  He is kind and gentle with me and my children.  He is completely selfless, always putting the needs of his family above his own needs.  He is compassionate and hard-working and funny and playful and romantic and patient and ... the list goes on and on.  I'm not saying all of this just because it's his birthday and I want to make him feel good.  It's true.  Jim is truly the most charitable person I have ever known.  The fact that he has remained married to me for almost 24 years is proof of that.  If I ever grow up, I want to be like him someday!

So happy birthday, Old Man!  I love you more than words can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment